Sunday, September 30, 2007

Sunday party.

7pm
David Juritz is playing tonight. A virtuoso violinist. He's travelling around the world playing Bach to raise money for Musequality, a charity which supports musical education for the poorest children in developing world. this is cool i suppose
I'm the concierge for the community and during this event. But I'm not working for them. I'm paid to let them in and lock up behind ....they don't know this? it's so important for everyone to know my name so that they can ask me to do things, it's my job to be bossed around. I work in a high class community where people have nannies with a built in apt. for them. All the children i've met all have mental issues. i'm just in shock.
Yesterday a lady had a party for her 4 year old with autism, actually recently diagnosed with Aspergers . This kid had no clue what was involved. This party would make a wedding reception "just an event, like just doin laundry". There was a DJ, band, full on life guard, catered food, butlers of sorts waiting on the guests and children. The assistant Veronica called the little boy "my boss". Tonight, I just overheard another parent discussing the different medications her son is taking. Everyone has a servant. Or a maid,ummm personal assistant is the political term i believe. One of these pink ladies is actually cool. It's not condescending i think she's really trying to speak Spanish to the maid. It just seems so trite. the one "si" over and over.
Tonight, I'm being bossed around without even introduction. "Will you at least introduce yourself before you order me around"? The same lady that's requesting impossible curtain arranging without a smile is the same lady that said to a friend "did you think that was a different Mercedes honking at you on the road, you know what i drive" and is also the same lady that was having her heels fastened by her maid/.
I suppose if your job is to be someone's bitch, you can't complain. If the price is right? I mean you're then getting something out of it too. money, and usually a lot. I suppose we are all someones subordinate in one way or another. It's just hard for me to watch.


These are real people that exist. I just can't believe i'm so close to them right now.
i don't know if it's wrong or right.. but i'm out of touch, and have never felt so belittled and minuscule than i did tonight.
it's sick.
i wanna go home, where i can tie my own shoe and reach my own curtains
i want middle class back.

i'm quiting this job too.
7:40pm
awww. update. it's better. all the kids at the concert were being to hard to handle so they stuck them in the office with me watching cartoons. the best thing about tonight.

oops.. .
8pm
change of heart a little.
the wine and food is really good.

No comments: