Wednesday, October 10, 2007

fall is my favorite season

I love October!! I love love love it!
This morning on my way to work.... 3:45 am. It was almost chilly out.
On my way home 11am, it smelled like fall, and the warm sun smiled just enough to make the cold breezes hush a little.
It's my ideal weather.
I can't wait to carve a pumpkin.

I have nothing terrible to say. Is that bad?

mini-bad news.
I did a clip in the hopes it would air on showtime, but didn't get picked up. Kinda sad because it was good monies, however i'm first pick for another one.

Good news though.

A film i hosted about deep ellum was given a lot of positive praise and comments in a meeting last night. They finished editing the piece last week and are going forward with it. (who knows what this means) Fishing for Comets is pretty much the soundtrack too. It was such a sweet surprise to hear all the good remarks and i know I'm getting a nice cushy compensation too.

I got offered a radio spot for a Starbucks commercial. Weeks ago I sent in a video with a song and dance so to speak. I thought nothing of it until I got call last week. They were thrilled to see my ditty and about having my sing a jingle promoting a winter drink. I am the only one in Texas that was selected so they are flying out here just for me. The cool thing is I get to have my good friends play beside me! Curious to see how this all pans out. Again another nice push toward paying my credit card.

Another voice over track was offered to me today!!

NOTE TO YOU! don't be afraid to go for it. (whatever that is)

the best part is, these offers were just through word of mouth, effortlessly putting myself out there and seeing what happens. It's such a wise idea to say "screw what everyone thinks". Be brave, and don't be afraid if you suck. The worst thing that could happen is someone doesn't like it, or they say no. Or if it's for no one other then for yourself then you are the only judge, and hey you don't count. haha
It doesn't seem like that much to lose in the big picture. Not enough to keep you from at least trying. If you don't then you will be laying in a big pile of regret shit... and i don't want to deal with it.


Again i'm so excited to be in this month.
it's going to be charming, i can tell.

love,
Camille

No comments: